Friday, December 10, 2010

8.5 Becoming a Reflective practitioner: The Cycle of reflection

I wonder if anyone has seen the You tube video on the process of reflection...
Video: Becoming a Reflective practitioner: The Cycle of reflection (click here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shacsdm_kvA
It is a comical look at the process, but provides a simple understanding of the reflective process.
I made some basic notes...

What is Reflection:
Cyclic process = Think-Question-Reflect-Act

Thinking: Meta-cognitive - thinking about thinking
  • Monitor your thinking
  • Probe/inspect/study/examine------confusing, conflicting, disturbing situations--------try to make comprehensible---------identify possible solutions.

Questions: Pertinent or irrelevant, Broad (What if...?/I wonder why?), Detailed (What should I have done? What can I do next time? Why did I react in that way? What have I learned from this?)

Reflection: Clarify what you are thinking about.
i. Reflection on action (ROA) - Thinking afterward
ii. Reflection in action (RIA) - Thinking during
This seems to be the kind of thinking on your feet type of action....

Reflection includes: Past / Present / Future

Through reflection:
  • Look at Student learning
  • Search meaning of class events
  • Consider your strengths and weaknesses
  • Identify ways to improve
  • Formulate a plan of action
Take the time to reflect:
  • on the course.
  • your strengths and weaknesses.
  • the viewpoints of others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills
and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see
a nice blog like this one today.

Feel free to surf to my page :: Juegos Online