Saturday, January 12, 2008

Research Proposal 2

I had a problem when trying to decide on a definition for this kind of teacher sharing of a class (which appears to be unique to this particular situation). I think that my lecturers comments in a discussion board post of giving our situation the labels of paired teaching and teaching pairs seem to encapsulate the idea more clearly...

I still want to go ahead with this topic, as
1. It is in operation, and has been for quite a while in my college,
2. It is a system that many of my Japanese administrators favor,
3. It is a system that has morphed from an original team teacher situation in the traditional sense (the reason it has changed I am still not sure of yet),
4. I want to know if there are any advantages of doing it this way, in comparison to the regular one teacher teaching both classes, and
5. I'd like to know how student's feel toward the paired teaching situation,
that's what I've come up with for starters...

I am not sure if the two systems are that different, in that they are offshoots of the same initial rationale, or are modified forms of the same thing. I think, however, that limiting myself to one would be advantageous to eventually getting clearer picture...

As for my proposal I haven't really thought too much into the future. I initially took this course just to get some grounding in research, in case in the future I may want to continue study at a higher level... At the moment I am just concentrating on finishing my masters and have at least two more subjects to do before even thinking about a true research project. At the moment I just want to know how to write a proposal...

This course has been the best so far (it is my 5th), and it has also been the hardest. I am really pushing myself, but getting a lot back...

Ciao
Steven M

No comments: